The 8th Asean Nuerosurgical Nursing Congress
The 8th Asean Nuerosurgical Nursing Congress was held in Shangri-La Hotel K.L on 3rd – 4th December 2008 with a total of more than 200 paramedic participates from local as well as overs
The theme for this congress “Achieving Excellence In Patient Care”. International and local speakers from different disciplines had presented topics related to nursing management :
- Hydrocephalus & EVD
- Cerebral Protection
- Transportation of critically ill patients
- Neurosurgical Rehabilitation
- Nutrition Support
- Neurovascular – Post Embolization Care
- Basic Interpretation of SXR/CT SCAN/ MRI
- Spinal injury
There was a workshop on ICP, EVD and GCS scoring carried out with the help of our speakers – Ben Hay & Harriet Chan (from Australia) and it was a great success.
Few nursing case study were presented:
- Pain assessment post laminectomy and fusion
All participates had an enjoyable and fruitful congress.